The Isıcam Systems C Series is the classical series which provides insulation and cost-saving at a standard level through the Isıcam's assurance.
Customize your Isıcam with Extra Features
Isıcam C L:
Isıcam unit, manufactured by using Şişecam Laminated Glass, offers safety and security features by preventing injuries that may be caused by the fragmentation of glass after breaking, as well as thermal insulation
Isıcam C AL:
Isıcam unit, manufactured by using sound insulation Şişecam Acoustic Laminated Glass, also provides noise control in addition to thermal insulation, thusly reducing the transfer of sound while also offering the safety and security features of Şişecam Laminated Glass.
Isıcam C R:
Isıcam unit, manufactured by using the Şişecam Tinted Float Glass that provides solar control, both offers thermal insulation and limits solar heat gain in buildings, as well as controls extreme solar brightness, and reduces cooling energy consumption in air-conditioned environments.
Isıcam C RF:
Isıcam unit, manufactured by using Şişecam Tentesol and Şişecam Tentesol Titanium reflective glass that provides solar control, both ensures thermal insulation and limits solar heat gain in buildings, as well as controls extreme solar brightness and reduces cooling energy consumption in air-conditioned environments. It creates a mirror effect when it is viewed from the side where the light is bright, due to its reflective features. It provides visual integrity on commercial buildings with glass facades.
|Areas of Use|
They are used together with solar control glass, laminated glass and acoustic laminated glass on newly constructed or renewed residential and commercial buildings.
Isıcam system is an insulating glass unit produced by Isıcam Authorized Producers through the supervision of Şişecam Flat Glass in which convenient dry air or gases are present between two or more glass panes.
|Isıcam Systems||Configuration||Daylight (EN 410)||Solar Energy (EN 410)||Thermal Conductivity|
|Transmittance %||Reflectance Outdoor %||Solar Factor %||Shading Coefficient||Dry Air||Argon|
|Isıcam Systems C Series||4+12+4||80||14||75||0,86||2,9||2,7|
|Thickness and Sizes|
Standard Thicknesses and Dimensions
Dimensional tolerances of Isıcam (according to EN 1279)
|Dimension||Sheet glass panes||Dimension tolerance|
|Length smaller than or equal to 3m||Glass thickness smaller than or equal to 6mm||± 2mm|
|Length greater than 3m||± 3mm|
|Length greater than 3m||Glass thickness smaller than or equal to 6mm||± 3mm|
|Glass thickness greater than 6mm||± 4mm|
| Glass with a minimum of one plate tempered or semi-tempered|
|Length smaller than or equal to 3m||Regardless of thickness ||± 3mm|
|Length greater than 3m||Regardless of thickness||± 4mm|
|Glass with a minimum of one laminated plate |
|Length smaller than or equal to 1.5m||Total laminated glass thickness smaller than or equal to 16mm||± 3mm|
|Total laminated glass thickness greater than 16mm||± 4mm|
|Length greater than 1.5m and smaller than or equal to 2.5m||Total laminated glass thickness smaller than or equal to 16mm||± 4mm|
|Total laminated glass thickness greater than 16mm||± 5mm|
|Length greater than 2.5m||Total laminated glass thickness smaller than or equal to 16mm||± 5mm|
|Total laminated glass thickness greater than 16mm||± 6mm|
Isıcam unit's thickness tolerances
|1st plate||2nd plate||Thickness|
|A||Float glass or coated glass Thickness < 6mm Thickness > 6mm||Float glass or coated glass and thickness < 6mm and/or thickness > 6mm || ± 1 mm|
± 1,5 mm
|B||Float glass or coated glass||Tempered or semi-tempered float or coated glass|| ± 2 mm|
|C||Float glass or coated glass||Frosted glass||± 1,5 mm|
|D||Float or Frosted glass||Laminated glass||± 1.5 mm|
|E||Tempered or semi-tempered glass||Tempered or semi-tempered glass ||± 2,5 mm|
|F||Tempered or semi-tempered glass||Frosted glass||± 2 mm|
|G||Tempered or semi-tempered glass||Laminated glass||± 2 mm|
|H||Frosted glass||Laminated glass||± 1,5 mm|
|İ||Laminated glass||Laminated glass||± 1,5 mm|
Offset tolerance between Isıcam unit's plates
The offset quantity between the lower and higher Isıcam glass plates may be a maximum of 1.5mm.
Isıcam Edge Specifications
Glass edges are required to be cut properly; no potentially glass-breaking notches nor chips should be present. Arrising or grinding of laminated glass is recommended to reduce the risk of breakage and cracking due to thermal stress etc.
It must be applied smoothly and continuously, particularly on the corners. Butyl weight must be 2,5 g/m on both sides of the profile. Butyl width must be minimum 3mm on the pressed unit. On gas-filled units, butyl weight must be a minimum of 3.0 g/m on both sides of the profile while its width must be minimum 4mm on the pressed unit.
Insulating materials polysulphide /silicon/polyurethane
It should not escape from the edges of the profile to the inside of the unit. Polysulfide/polyurethane spacing should be a minimum of 3mm and the silicon gap a minimum of 6mm. The design criteria defined in the project are implemented on Isıcams used for structural glazing. On gas-filled units, the Polysulfide or polyurethane gap must be a minimum of 4mm.
The acceptable deflation of the profile is maximum ±1 mm up to 1 meter size, and ±2 mm for a size more than 1 meter-long. The distance of the edge of the profile in the unit to the edge of the glass must be a maximum of 15mm. The design criteria defined in the project are implemented on Isıcams used for structural glazing.Use of bended profile is recommended for gas-filled units. If a cutted profile is used, the top of the clips (the surface to contact the external sealant) must be covered with butyl.
Pressure Equalization Process in Isıcam Systems
Isıcam units may be experience deformations due to differences between atmospheric pressure in production site and atmospheric pressure of installation or during transportation of such units. So as to prevent such deformations the following pressure equalization process is undertaken.
- Conditions when pressure equalization is required
- When Isıcam units are installed at altitudes higher than that of production site with a difference of 1200 meters or more or when such units are installed at altitudes lower than that of production site with a difference of 500 meters or more, pressure equalization process has to be undertaken irrespective of units’ dimensions or glass widths. In cases when altitude differences are between 700 and 1200 meters for higher attitudes of installation or 300 and 500 meters for lower altitudes of installation, it will be decided whether a pressure balancing process will be undertaken or not depending on the width/height ratio of units.
- Irrespective of the altitude of installation places of the units, in case such units while being transported pass through routes with higher altitudes compared to that of production site with differences of 1200 meters or more or with lower altitudes compared to that of production site with differences of 500 meters or more, pressure equalization process has to be undertaken irrespective of units’ dimensions or glass widths. In cases when altitude differences are between 700 and 1200 meters for higher attitudes of routes or 300 and 500 meters for lower altitudes of routes, it will be decided whether a pressure balancing process will be undertaken or not depending on the width/height ratio of units.
- When such a ration is to be taken into account:
- If an edge of Isıcam unit is smaller than 700 millimetres, such units shall undergo pressure equalization processes irrespective of such ratios. For example an Isıcam unit with dimensions of 1250x695 mm should undergo pressure.
- If width/height ratio of the Isıcam unit is equal to 2 or over, such units will undergo pressure equalization. For example a unit with dimensions of 1500 x 720 mm should undergo pressure equalization as its width/height ration is 2,1.
- If width/height ration of an Isıcam unit is lower than 2, such units will not undergo pressure equalization. For example a unit with dimensions of 1300 x 720 mm should not undergo pressure equalization as its width/height ration is 1,8.
- Pressure Equalization Process is performed as given below:
- Short edge profile (edge not filled with dessicant) of the unit to undergo pressure balancing will be perforated at a point.
- A stopper or plug is installed on the perforation point.
- Sufficient amounts of butyl and outer sealant (white and black pastes in separate packages) for outdoors are sent in jars or bags together with perforated units.
- In locations where units will be installed stoppers or plugs on the perforation points will be taken off immediately after delivery of units.
- A piece of butyl will be heated on a screwdriver and when butyl soften it is applied on such perforations.
- 10 parts of white outer sealant is mixed with 1 part black outer sealant (Polysulfide, silicon, poly urethane) homogenously on a clean plate of glass or ceramics and is applied on butyl as a cover.
- After drying of outer sealant, Isıcam units are installed on frames so that perforation point will be on the upper or lateral edge.
Isıcam Storage Instruction
The following rules must be considered during the storage of Isıcam units:
- Stacking should not directly be made on concrete or dirt surfaces, nor in wet or humid environments.
- Isıcam units must be stored on pallets positioned in an almost vertical position, on their longest edge (with ~10° angle) and on a vertically placed position on the pallet base.
- A separator must be placed between each unit (e.g. cork chock) and the direct contact of glass towards each other must be prevented.
- The back side of the units must be leaned on the pallet, spot load overlaps and the touching of the bases of Isıcam’s single glass unit must be avoided. Otherwise, the deflection that may arise due to changing pressure as well as fractures from a 2 to 3 times force loading may occur.
- When stocking up the Isıcam units with variable dimensions, small-size glass panes should be placed before large-size glass; longitudinal lathes must be placed between the two glass panes to prevent stress in the centre; the distance between lathes should not exceed 50cm.
- Isıcam units should not be stored in direct sunlight. With the impact of high temperature, each heated glass compresses the other due to extention and may cause fractures. Furthermore, thermal breaks may occur as the space between coloured or reflective glass panes stored in sunlight will not be adequately ventilated.
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|How is heat insulation possible with the use of glass panes? |
In case glass panes are utilized as a single pane, significant amount of heat is lost from inside of the building in winters.
So as to eliminate risk of heat loss due to single panes, double glazing insulating units were developed. Double glazing insulating units as an insulation glass have been first started to be used in 1974 by Şişecam Flat Glass in Turkey under the trademark of “Isıcam”.
Isıcam Systems S Series reduce loss of heat to an extent of 50% when compared to ordinary double glazing units. Due to reduction in heating expenses much more energy is saved.
Isıcam prevents loss of heat to an extent of 50% when compared with single panes. Yet Low-E coated glass panes have been developed so as to enable higher energy savings and more insulation with the use of glass panes. Low-E coated insulating glass units manufactured by Isıcam Authorized Producers under the supervision of Şişecam Flat Glass are being marketed with Isıcam Systems S series trademark.
Isıcam S Series reduce loss of heat to an extent of 50% when compared to ordinary double glazing units. Due to reduction in heating expenses much more energy is saved.
In Turkey, where four seasons can be enjoyed, it is as important to protect buildings from heat in summer as it is to protect from cold in winter. Insulation glass units with heat and solar control coatings are being marketed under the trademark of Isıcam Systems K Series. Isıcam Systems K Series prevent heat loss 50% and heat gains 40% compared to an ordinary double glazing units and as a consequence make energy savings both in winter due to reduction in heating costs and also in summer due to cooling costs.
Best practice for heat insulation in double glazing units may be obtained with the utilization of;
- Isıcam S, Isıcam S 3+, Isıcam K or Isıcam K 3+ series,
- With 16 mm of air space between glass panes,
- Filling Argon gas instead of air in the space between double panes.
|Does u-value change when glass thickness changes? |
Thickness of glass panes has simply no effect on u-value of the insulation glass units. Yet thickness has to be increased as the surface area increases.
|Which types of glass panes have to be used for purposes of heat insulation in accordance with legal regulations?|
Energy Performance Regulations for Buildings must be used so as to ensure high insulation performance and energy savings in the scope of the Energy Efficiency Law.
In these regulations TS 825 Heat Insulation Rules Standard is being taken as a standard for calculation methods and insulation values of construction materials.
TS 825 Heat Insulation Standard Rules categorize double glazing insulation units used in buildings under 2 different groups.
- For Traditional Windows (Frame+Glass)
In Turkey for 4 regions it is recommended that heat insulation value (U window) should be 2,4 W/m2 K for new buildings.
Double Glass used in a standard frame should be “heat control (Low-E) coated” (Isıcam S) or “heat and solar control (Solar Low-E) coated” (Isıcam K) so as to attain the insulation value stipulated for windows.
In the technical book where construction products are stated with a pos number by Ministry of Environment and City Planning;
- Heat control coated insulation glass (Isıcam S) pos num: Y.28.645/C21-C30
- Heat and solar control coated insulation glass (Isıcam K) pos num: Y.28.645/C41-C52
In case the building facade is covered with glass panes to an extent of 60% or more, respective standard indicates that heat insulation value (u-value) should not be higher than 2,1 W/m2K for the facade glass systems.
Outer pane of the double glazing insulating units of facades is tempered, tinted or reflective due to solar control and safety reasons. Inner pane used in insulation glass units should be “heat control coated (Şişecam Low-E Glass)” so as to obtain heat insulation value indicated in the standard.
|What is the extent of guarantee coverage of Isıcam for a period of 10 years? |
Isıcam is guaranteed against any manufacture faults and manufacture faults resulting to deteriorations or foggings on glass surfaces between double glazing insulating units for a period of 10 years following manufacturing date.
Isıcam Authorized Producer will be responsible for problems incurring from various applications of double glazing insulating units. Grid or jalousie applications in between insulating glass panes; curved, bended, dished or vent hole applications are all out of guarantee.
Methods of use of glass panes other than those recommended by Isıcam, breakage of panes and issues not mentioned hereby are not included in the guarantee coverage.
Spectrum forming (coloring of sunlight, Brewster circle) and double glazing effects in Isıcam units, colorization (leopard spots) and optic oscillations (cylinder traces) in tempered Isıcam units, visual oscillations resulting from temperature and barometric pressure changes, outer surface perspiration resulting from atmospheric conditions affecting outer surface of the units are ordinary conditions that could not be detected as faults.
Deformations due to installation faults are under the guarantee coverage of installation companies.
|Does Isıcam get foggy?|
Condensation (fogging) inside Isıcam (between glass panes) is a fault resulting from either manufacture or installation and deforms insulation glass unit’s insulation properties. In such cases it is replaced under the guarantee coverage of Isıcam unit. This failure is also called “fogging glass”, “foggy window” or “window condensation between panes”.
Yet condensation in the inner side of double panes of Isıcam in winter months is a natural condition resulting from certain physical conditions acting together as it is indicated in the European and Turkish standards. When these physical conditions change, such condensation will be dispersed automatically. condensation causing temporary visual problems will generally become more intense under unventilated conditions.
Major humidity sources in buildings are bathrooms, kitchens and laundry dried indoors. Besides flowers, aquariums, liquid gaseous heaters used indoors can be listed as important humidity sources.
PVC frames with high insulation properties when compared to wooden frames or single glass panes prevent circulation of air completely. And paints used on walls of buildings do not allow for breathing and consequently cause early condensation as such walls prevent release of humidity.
In addition to the above mentioned causes during the period of drying of the newly constructed building more than an average amount of humidity will be released and consequently humidity indoors will be at higher levels than it would be under normal conditions.
Measures to be taken against condensation occurring in glass panes:
- When you use Isıcam S or Isıcam K rate of condensation is reduced.
- Indoor humidity may be decreased if high humidity places like bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry drying spaces are ventilated by aspirators or through windows or funnels.
- More frequent ventilation will be necessary when liquid fuelled heaters are used as they cause production of extreme levels of water vapour.
- If there are aquariums or indoor plants in the house, frequent ventilation is a must.
- When frames with high quality joints are used, such frames prevent air leaks and provide a better heat insulation; therefore such rooms should be systematically ventilated by opening windows and/or through embedded ventilation systems.
|How can we differentiate Isıcam S and Isıcam K from other types of glasses? |
- When a lighter is pointed to surface of a Isıcam glass, shadow of four flames are seen on the glass.
- Low-E coated surface on Isıcam S and Isıcam K reflects lighter’s flame as red or pink, other 3 uncoated surfaces reflect a yellow flame. If there is no coating four flames are seen in same colors.
|Is Isıcam S or Isıcam K expensive?|
The reason why Isıcam S or Isıcam K is preferred is because it is presumed as an investment for future savings. Costs for extra payments for Isıcam S is saved in 1 or 2 years’ time and savings continue till the end of period of use.
In buildings where Isıcam K is used, in addition to savings obtained from lower heating costs, extra savings for cooling purposes can be achieved. Therefore return of extra payments necessary for use of Isıcam K is in 1 or 2 years’ time.
|How can Isıcam S and Isıcam K be cleaned?|
In maintenance of Isıcam S and Isıcam K, abrasive materials or equipments such as metals, sponges with hard surfaces, chemicals that may scratch the surfaces must not be used.
|How can you change your double glazing insulating units installed in your window to Isıcam S or K Series?|
Isıcam S and Isıcam K products are heat or heat and solar coated insulating glass units manufactured with special care in factories. Therefore if you wish to use Isıcam S and Isıcam K products in your window, old insulating glass units should be replaced with Isıcam S or Isıcam K as a hole unit.
|Is it possible to install Isıcam S or K without changing currently used frames? |
It is possible to replace Isıcam S or Isıcam K units with same dimensions and suitable combinations without changing the old frameworks.
|Which frameworks are used for Isıcam S or Isıcam K? |
Isıcam S and Isıcam K should be used together with insulated frameworks. Utilizing Isıcam installation principles, any type of frameworks such as wooden, PVC, aluminum frameworks may be used.
|What are the differences between Isıcam and a double glazing insulating unit without Isıcam trademark? |
In the manufacture of double glazing insulating units the trademark of Isıcam ensures that:
- Glass and other sealants used in the manufacture double glazing insulating units are of high quality and used in appropriate amounts.
- Manufacture is undertaken under suitable conditions and with the use of high technologies.
|Where can I buy Isıcam?|
You can purchase Isıcam from Isıcam Authorized Producers that are under the regular supervision of Şişecam Flat Glass or framework companies.
If you are planning to change only double glazing insulating units keeping your old frameworks, you may directly get into contact with Isıcam Authorized Producer.
If you have any problems for our Isıcam Systems products, you may contact us at our Product Information Line numbered 444 9 872 or call Isıcam Authorized Producers.