Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective is Şişecam Flat Glass’ heat and solar control glass.
Insulating Glass Unit (IGU) manufactured with Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective reduces heat loss from windows by 77% compared to single glazing, by 50% compared to ordinary IGU. Therefore effective heat insulation in winter is provided and heating expenses are reduced. It also decreases solar energy transmission by 40% compared to ordinary IGU. Therefore it keeps cooler in summer and cooling expenses are reduced.
Şişecam Temperable Low-E Glass is preferred in residences, office, hotel, shopping mall, airport, commercial buildings, skylights and conservatories. It provides comfortable living areas to end users with its thermal insulation property and meets safety needs when it is tempered. It is used in where transparency and low reflection are required.
Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective is manufactured by depositing multi-layered metal/metal oxides on float glass through "magnetically enhanced vacuum sputtering" technology.
|Product (EN 410)||Daylight (EN 410)||Solar Energy (EN 410)||Thermal Conductivity
(U Value) W / m2K(EN 673)
|Shading Coefficient||Dry Air||Argon|
|4 mm Şişecam Clear Float Glass + 16 mm (cavity) + 4 mm Şişecam Clear Float Glass||80||14||75||0.86||2,7||2,6|
|4 mm Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective + 16 mm (cavity) + 4 mm Şişecam Clear Float Glass||75||11||46||0,53||1,3||1,1|
|(4+0.76+4) mm Şişecam Laminated Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective + 16 mm (cavity) + 4 mm Şişecam Clear Float Glass||72||11||43||0,49||1,3||1,1|
|4 mm Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective + 16 mm (cavity) + 4 mm Şişecam Clear Float Glass(*) + 16 mm (cavity) + 4 mm Şişecam Low-E Glass||66||13||41||0,47||0,7||0,6|
(*) In order to avoid thermal breakage risk, the middle pane must be tempered or instead low iron glass can be used.
“Daylight” and “Solar Energy” properties are calculated with “TNO Science and Industry - WIS 3.01” program using spectral measurements in compliance with EN 410.
“U-value” is calculated with “TNO Science and Industry - WIS 3.01” program according to EN 673. The emissivity measurements used for calculations are in compliance with EN 673 (Annex A) and EN 12898.
Thermal stresses or building codes may require the use of heat-treated glass. This document is not an evaluation of the risk of glass breakage from thermal stresses. Please contact Şişecam Flat Glass to ensure the correct form of glass to be supplied for the structure.
Specifications, technical and other data are based on information available at the time of preparation of this document and are subject to change without notice.
Trakya Cam Sanayii A.Ş. cannot be held responsible for any deviation between the data introduced and the conditions on site. This document is only informative, in no way it implies an acceptance of the order by Trakya Cam Sanayii A.Ş.
Daylight Transmittance (%): The ratio of the visible spectrum (light) that is transmitted through glass.
Daylight Reflectance (outdoor) (%): The ratio of the visible spectrum (light) that is reflected outside by glass.
Solar Factor: The percentage of total solar radiant heat energy entering the room thorough the glass. The lower solar factor means better solar control.
Shading Coefficient: The ratio of solar factor of a particular glass type to the solar factor of 3 mm clear float glass, set in identical conditions. The lower shading coefficient means better solar control.
U value (W/m2K): A measure of the rate of heat loss of a building component. The lower U value means better heat control and more comfort in winter.
|Thickness (mm)||Standard Sizes (mm)|
The tolerances on nominal sizes are ± 5 mm. In addition to above data, other thickness and sizes can be applied. For more information, please ask for Şişecam Flat Glass.
- Particular care should be taken for transporting, storing, cutting and washing of Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective.
- Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective is affected by acid. Since human perspiration is acidic, care must be taken so that the coating is not damaged by fingerprints. Wearing clean and waterproof gloves is therefore absolutely essential when manipulating coated glass. Dirty and oily gloves should be changed immediately. They can be used again after truly washing and drying.
- During the cutting process of coated glass, care should be taken that the uncoated side of the glass is placed downwards to the cutting table. It is always the coated side that is scored. Suction cups should be applied to the uncoated surface when placing the glass to the cutting table. Manual cutting is not recommended for soft Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective. For machine cutting, highly volatile cutting oil must be used.
- Before insulating glass unit production Solar Control Low-E coating must be removed 10 mm from the edges of the Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective.
- Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective should be washed with soft bristle brushes and demineralized water with a conductance not exceeding 30 µs/cm should be used.
- Cut size Solar Control Low-E coated glass panes must not be left out unpacked. All processes from cutting through to insulating glass unit assembly must be completed in the same day.
- Solar Control Low-E coating can be placed on the 2nd surface of the insulating glass unit.
- Provided the below instructions are followed, the storage time for a sealed stack of Solar Control Low-E coated glass is 6 months.
- Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective packs must not be uncovered until the temperature of the pack and that of each individual glass pane has reached to equilibrium with the temperature of the processing hall. (Opening stacks or packs before achieving the production hall temperatures, may entail condensation of humidity in between the individual panes with adverse effects on the coating.)
- Condensation may be observed on the outer surface of the first and last glass panes. While unpacking, there is a possibility of water droplets to get between the glass panes In order to avoid this situation corresponding glass panes should be dried properly.
- Also the packaging material of glass packs and stacks should not be removed until the cutting process.
- The temperature of the plant area should not fall below 15°C. Storage in the vicinity of doors must be avoided.
- The plant, production hall and transportation areas should be free of aggressive fumes. (Particular care should be taken that the hydrochloric acid etc. substances should not be stored at the same area.)
- After the surrounding tape of the Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective has been removed, any remains of dehumidifying agent must be removed from the upper edge of the stack or pack. Any dehumidifying agent remaining on the upper edge of the glass will produce scratches when it enters into the space between the panes on handling of the individual sheets. Residue on the uncoated side by the surrounding tape can be cleaned by mild agents and ethyl alcohol.
- Remaining pieces or lites of the Şişecam Solar Control Low-E Glass Neutral Selective should be re-sealed using the same packing materials, renewing the dehumidifying agent. Before packaging operation, the color of the randomly chosen dehumidifying agent should be checked. In case the color of the dehumidifying agent is pink, then it should be changed.